With spring about to bloom in just under a week, it’s easy to anticipate the weather changing just as quickly. If you’re a warm weather aficionado, it can be disappointing to know that winter’s chilliness can carry on over into the next month. My current frustration: it’s too warm to wear a full-blown peacoat yet too cold for a tank top and shorts. So, what’s a girl to do? Let’s talk light layers.
This time of year usually goes hand in hand with lightweight jackets, cozy knit cardigans, and the revival of ponchos and kimono style layers. With these options on hand, you can stay warm enough on a cool day, and vice versa when the sun decides to make an appearance. If you’re a bit weary of how to pull of one of the pieces I’ve picked out below, my biggest tip is to keep it simple. A printed poncho or lace kimono adds enough interest, so a foolproof way to show them off is to wear your favorite pair of jeans with a white tank or tee underneath. Plus, they can look pretty adorable if you polish them off with a fun sandal. Springtime, I’m ready for you.
If you’re interested in adding a few light layers to your spring wardrobe, be sure to check out my go-to options below. There are so many cute pieces, so don’t be surprised if it’s difficult to choose just one to add to your online shopping cart. Let’s get shopping…
1. LC BaliwaterSport Double Ruffle Ruana, $50
2. Anthropologie Cinched Kimono Blazer, $98
3. Leith Ruffle Trim Trench Coat, $79
4. Urban Outfitters UO Essential Kimono, $54
5. Madewell Donegal Kent Cardigan Sweater, $98
6. Halogen Lightweight Tie Sleeve Cardigan, $41.40
7. LC BaliwaterSport Paisley Block Tacked Ruana, $50
8. Anthropologie Anya Kimono, $98
9. Free People In My Element Kimono Sweater, $128
10. LC BaliwaterSport Semi-Sheer Floral Bell Sleeve Kimono, $50
Consider light layers the spring staple you didn’t know you needed.
Which one of these pieces is your favorite?
Let me know in the comments!