Every January, it’s the same story…When the holidays have ended, you’re left with Christmas cookie guilt and jeans that fit a little too tight. I’m no stranger to post-holiday diet regrets (I love my spiked cider just as much as the next girl). But just because you enjoyed good food and drinks the past few weeks doesn’t mean that you can’t bounce back this month. That said, today I’m revisiting one of my all-time favorite fitness posts…
This 7 Days to Skinny Jeans Re-Boot plan will have you feeling healthy, energized, and refreshed in a week’s worth of time. Take a peek below to see my trusty diet tips, workout routines, and plenty of healthy, balanced recipes you can start making right away. Hello, skinny jeans!
7 Days to Skinny Jeans Re-Boot
First Things First
Before we get into the exercises and recipes, it’s important to start off by setting a focused goal. In this case, that goal is fitting into those “skinny jeans.” “Skinny jeans” can mean something different to each person, whether it’s your favorite dress or a fitted top. But no matter what it is, write down your goal and hang it up somewhere you will see it every day, like your bathroom mirror. This way you will be motivated to stay on track all seven days…and hopefully beyond.
The same rules apply from my first 7 Days to Skinny Jeans post. Here’s a refresher on those guidelines:
- Commit. Keep your eyes on the prize and if possible, enlist a partner in crime. It’s always easier when you have a buddy for support!
- Drink lots of water! At least 8-10 glasses a day. Click here to find out exactly how much you need.
- Pick one exercise to do every day (save one day for rest).
- Pick one meal from each category for each day.
- Pick one snack for each day. I like to have a snack between lunch and dinner, but the timing is really up to you.
- Avoid soda, sugary baked goods, and processed foods all together. Think of it as a junk food cleanse.
- If possible, try to sneak in your exercise before breakfast. Otherwise, just make sure you squeeze it into your schedule. This is the most important part!
- Blended Green Smoothie
- Non-fat Greek yogurt topped with walnuts, a handful of berries (or sliced banana) and a light drizzle of agave nectar
- Overnight Oats topped with bananas
- 1 omelet muffin with salsa
- Egg white omelet with spinach, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese
- One slice of toast with two hard-boiled eggs and a side of grapefruit or pineapple
- Tone It Up’s
Lunch & Dinner Options
- Crunchy, Spicy Hummus Wrap
- Salmon Tacos (substitute the tortillas for lettuce and eat as a salad)
- Grilled chicken, white fish, or tofu served with a side of steamed vegetables
- 1 bowl of Easy Vegan Chili with a piece of Ezekiel bread
- Chicken salad sandwich
- Mason jar kale salad and a cup of chicken vegetable soup
- Easy Apricot Chicken with a side of quinoa (or millet) and steamed broccoli
- Spinach Swap Pasta
- “Chickpea of the Sea” sandwich with a side of edamame
- 1 bowl of the Perfect Chicken Vegetable Soup with a piece of Ezekiel bread
- Quinoa pizza bites and a small side salad
- Baked pesto chicken with a small Kale Chef’s Salad
- Veggie Stir Fry
- Low-Carb Zucchini Lasagna
- Any of the recipes from my 6 Busy Girl Snacks post
- 1 cup Greek yogurt with ½ cup strawberries
- ½ avocado with a handful of sunflower seeds and 1 teaspoon of honey
- Kale Chips & Guac
- ½ cup of bran cereal with almond milk and a few berries
- Sweet & Slim Grapefruit
- 30 minutes of cardio (running, kickboxing, elliptical, swimming, step aerobics etc.)
- 1 hour of yoga, Pilates, or Barre Method
- Fat Burning Treadmill Workout
- Circuit: 100 jumping jacks, 20 crunches, 20 squats, 10 push ups, 25 bench dips (you can do this using a chair), 60 second wall sit, 60 second plank (repeat two times)
- 1 hour hike with steady incline
- The Slim Waist Strong Arms Workout
- The “Quickie” (my 1 Hour Workout in 30 Minutes)
As you can see, everything in this weeklong plan is healthy and good for you. I truly believe that when we feel good on the inside, it shows on the outside. No matter how many cocktails you had over the holidays, if you stick to this plan for one week you will start feeling better immediately. Then, see if you can keep the good work up for another week…hopefully this plan will turn into healthy new habits. I’ll be starting this plan tomorrow, so let’s help each other do it together.
Will you join me in my 7 Days to Skinny Jeans plan?
Be sure to check in with your progress each day in the comments below. And, on day seven, snap a photo of yourself in those good old skinny jeans and instagram it with the hashtag #LC7daystoskinnyjeans. My team will might even give your photo a “double tap”!